Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You know you love your kitty when . . .

Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep one cat from eating the other's prescription cat food?
Nope, I thought not.
I'm like the new cat food body guard. I'm with the bowl every step of the way. Guard it with my life, blah blah blah.

Don't get it? Me neither. Mostly.
Allow me to attempt to explain . ..
One of my two cats has been puking pretty much constantly since last Tuesday. I'm a responsible, loving pet owner, so I take her to the vet.
Visit: $45
Injection to prevent pukage: $35
Fluid injection to battle dehydration: $25
The vet telling you nothing is wrong with your cat? Priceless . . . maybe . . . as my paycheck flies away, never to return.

36 hours later, cat begins puking again.
Examination: $45
X-rays: $120
The x-ray telling you nothing is wrong with your cat? Now I think I'm going to puke.

Vet recommends another non-puke injection and an all new prescription diet . . . before further (more expensive) testing if food doesn't fix anything . . .

Injection: another $35
4 lb bag of food and 2 cans of special food: $23.

Priceless? Oh my lanta, I hope so.
I really, really do . . .

Sweet kitty, Navi, . . . helping with the laundry . . . I'm thinking about renaming her "Puke Pot" thanks to the events of this past week.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything is okay with him? Her? though! Seriously.

    If it makes you feel any better, my cat somehow turned her litter box entirely around so the opening was facing the wall and then proceeded to potty on the ground. I don't know how she did it, or how she got out, but somehow she's magic.

    Cats are the worst. But I love them. hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says, "Hello!"