Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ninja Blogging and Project 31 Days 15 and 16

I am totally the blogging ninja.
My husband sits unsuspecting in his game room, annihilating some pixelated mighty foe, while I am "doing the dishes." That's code for "finding every possible distraction to keep from doing the dishes." Oh no, they'll be cleaned before bedtime. Just not right now. I'm not feeling dishes now. I'm feeling blogging now. We've been apart for so long, after all--isn't it time for a reunion?
As Chris says, I am a master at distracting myself. The only person who could have done it better was my sister Catherine at age four--bedtime would roll around, and this little red-headed snippet would suddenly wander back into the kitchen with every possible excuse to not go back to bed.
I'm thirsty. Can I have a drink?
Ok.
I need to go potty, now.
. . . ok . . .
SARAH!! HELP!! THERE'S AN ANT IN THE BATHROOM!!!!
You have got to be kidding me.
Tuck me in?
Uh-huh.
You didn't tuck me in right. . . .
 Seriously?!
I need to go potty again.
Oh good Lord. If you give a mouse a cookie . . .
You think I'm exaggerating? Ask my mother. 

Anywho . . .  On with Project 31 (Do ya think I'm a little behind? Just a little? Shame on me).

Day 15.  Write to encourage a friend.  Inspire her beauty.
  and
Day 16.  Write a letter to your daughter, or a young girl in your life.  Tell her what beauty means.

All right, Cat. 
Everyone else has been featured on here, and now it's your turn. 
Brace yourself, little sis. 



 First off, you're awesome. 
You start random move-quote text wars with me. You are a worthy opponent, young Padawan. 
You know how to put an outfit together. How did you get that gene? I have no bloody clue. But I'm glad you have it. Not only do you always look super duper cute, but you help me tie my scarf correctly. Tis muchly appreciated. 
You're a great photographer and a fantastic shopping buddy. Girl date soon?

You're athletic and talented, even if you don't think you are.  Do that cross-country thing and love it. And never, ever, EVER stop dancing. You are a stunning ballerina/interpretive dancer/lyrical dancer and whatever else you did while you were in company. I always loved watching you perform. Even when you were little and all you could do was position one and wave a cute little wand while looking beyond adorable with your red curls and that gawdy little princess tutu. You rocked it. You still do. Keep it up. 

You've taken a stand for what you believe in, even when it's hard. You stuck with it, used your brain, listened to the Spirit inside you, believed the Word, and kept going, even when people were short-sighted and mean about it. Remember, in the words of the oh-so-wise Dr. Seuss, "The  people who care don't matter, and the people who matter don't care." Find the people who love you for you--which is someone EPIC--and kick the dust off your feet when people want to change you to fit themselves. Don't let them tie you down or change you just because they might like you better. They'll forget about you in a week--or as soon as you say "no." I've been there. I know.  But you've already figured that out. You're a smart little thing. I'm proud of you. 

Remember that that prettiest person can be an ogre, and the plain jane can be a princess.  Beauty is in word and action, not the clothes, the money, or the entourage. But you already knew that. You're living it, right? ;] 

Christ will love you more than any cute boy.  He has pursued you, wooed you, and is committed to you no matter what. He's there when time's are tough, and He's there when times are good. The feet who follow Him are lovely, the hands that serve Him are stunning. Even if the nails are broken, the callouses are rough, and everything's covered in dirt. The heart sings when it's serving it's One True Love. Even if there's no friends, fame, or fortune. It's better to be joyful in His work then successful and miserable in your own. 

Lastly, go buy yourself a "supa size." I think you've earned it. 

Love, 

Sarah 

1 comment:

  1. Your ninja self cracks me up! Oh and I am way behind too ;-) Or at least I think I am... I actually have no idea what day I am supposed to be on because no one seems to be doing them daily and in order, LOL! (and I am glad...)

    ReplyDelete

Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says, "Hello!"