Saturday, February 12, 2011

Entering the Twilight Zone . . .

I always say shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist.
--Tammy Faye Bakker
 I think I'm turning into a woman.
No, really. This is not a good thing.
Today, I was feeling upset while running errands. So I started browsing Target. Newsflash: I hate shopping. It's exhausting, frustrating, and everything either costs too much or wasn't made to fit my boobs and my hips. Gah. But I was actually enjoying myself? Weirdness.
I stopped to look at purses. Lustily. Bad sign numero uno.
I found a scarf. On sale. It was soft--like super snuggle-and-put-me-to-sleep-soft. And plaid. I bought it. Bad sign numero dos.
The clincher? I bought a pair of shoes. Shoes. Super cute, cheap, target shoes but SHOOOES!!! Previously, I HATED SHOES. I preferred torture to shoe shopping and now I was buying them not only of my own free will but with a smile on my face?? What is the world coming to???
I have fallen into the clutches of Retail Therapy. God save us all.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, uh-oh! Retail therapy is a dangerous thing! You end up like me... Constantly trying to give my junk I never really needed to start with away to people, while fighting the withdrawl symptoms after quitting cold turkey to be a sahm, lol!

    What I wouldn't give for a trip to target right now... Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retail Therapy is a slippery slope, lady! I love that you've deigned it a mark of womanhood.

    Definitely agree.

    I only realized the other day that the shoes you wear actually send a message...hahaha, right?

    ReplyDelete

Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says, "Hello!"