Monday, June 6, 2011

Celery and the City of Lights

Oh gee oh golly, I haven't been on in ages.
That's what a forty-hour summer job will do to you.
A job that's basic tasks require auditing 401(k) forms and archiving newsletters about celery.

I am not even kidding.

Ok, so the letter includes a little more than celery--there's radishes, citrus, sugar cane, real estate, and sod. Probably more, but that's all I really remember. Oh, and Afghan hounds. No really. Someone in the company breeds Afghan hounds and posts an update every time one wins the "Hot Dog Beach Body" reward or something. No it really is a title like that. And every time there are puppies, we have to know that "momma and puppies are fine" . . . Who says that? About dogs? I don't know, maybe when I finally have our dog, I'll say the same thing . . . except, hopefully, it will be male . . . and, really, no one cares about how Daddy's doing. He didn't push living beings out of his .  . . ok, tangent over.

And the staples . . .my gosh the staples . . . Fort-friggin-Knox trying to get all those insurance and retirement forms separated. Barbed-wire, folks. There's got to be a "go-green" rule against obsessive use of staples. Seriously

All in all, though, it's a good job, a good environment, and nice people. I'm really not complaining. It's just funny.
More on that later, I promise.
Point being, I'm exhausted and can't really blog while on the clock, you know?
Oh, and when I come home, it's straight to working out, cleaning, cooking, cleaning, and hopefully sleeping. Oh the sleep!

BUT!!! More Importantly!!!!


So serious.
So fabulous.

Four easy ways to enter:
  • Twitter . . . twit? . . . about it with the hashtag  #ohhappydaygoestoparis
  • Like "Oh Happy Day!" on Facebook
  • Comment on the original post
  • Post it in your blog
Click HERE to enter!
Once in a lifetime, kiddos. Don't miss out :]

1 comment:

  1. All caught up now...couldn't sleep and read your funny blog. Love you and am blessed to be your momma!

    ReplyDelete

Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says, "Hello!"