Thursday, June 16, 2011

Take a look

Check out Brittany's blog at My Life, In God's Hands.
Brittany's older sister and I were in the same high school graduating class so I knew Brittany only on an acquaintance level. My high school is pretty good about keeping up with it's alumni thanks to the gossip jewel and nightmare that is facebook, and word quickly spread that only a few months after marrying her sweetheart, eighteen-year-old Brittany was diagnosed with cancer.
I don't know about you, but if I were that young, newly married, and freshly financially independent, I would lose it. Like majorly. Brittany, however, has handled this with grace and joy that is nothing short of miraculous. She began her blog to record her memories during the chemo therapy as she quickly discovered how foggy the world became under the powerful treatment. In turn, however, she has also used it as a testimony to God's healing power and provision, seeing her illness as a chance to spread God's love where it may otherwise not reach. Her sweet spirit, so evident in her honest writing, makes me cry every time I read. She is a precious, beautiful gem who's love and joy touch everyone she meets, even in this tragic circumstance. Her faith was not in vain--she was recently told that she would be able to end her chemo treatment early because the cancer has completely left her body!
So please read her sweet story and cry then smile a little. God's healing love is such a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says, "Hello!"