Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Anti-Shop-A-Holic

Ladies and Gents, today I learned something about myself that, quite honestly, I knew already: I don't shop. Not really. I can look if I'm on a mission, but just browsing for the sake of spending money? Hoping to stumble upon the new cuteness? It's bloody exhausting. And a little disappointing.
Especially when you find the cutest vintage-style dresses . . . and they cost half your weekly paycheck.
Ow.
Ow.
And OW.

My sis-in-law, on the other hand, is like a super-charged shopping mutant. Meaning, if she were an X-Man (or, ahem, X-Woman, if we must be politically correct), her super power would be shopping non-stop for days. And days. And days. Wowza. I was ready to call it quit-sky, but she was not. Oh no, not even a little. We went on for HOURS. I'm counting down because, you see, I have to get home and grade papers. Yeah.  As much as I wish they would, the cats aren't going to check spelling and math tests. Nor will they wash the dishes. If any one has any ideas on how to train your indoor kitties to be practically useful (other than loads of loving), please let me know. My cleaning fairies quit on me, and the cats are all I have left.


But despite all of this, she DID bring me into Anthropologie, which led me to an uber-fabulous sale. Yes, it was just fantastic enough to use the adjective "uber," peeps. It was just that cool. Normally, I don't bother with Anthro, because, quite honestly, I don't really have the paycheck to support throwing down $88 for a pair of earrings. I don't know, maybe it's me. BUT (oh don't you love that word??) today, there was a great big sale. Making certain items half price. Or less.
And who is looking for chic and fabulous accessories for her future home? C'est Moi!
Small Bird Jar: Normally $10, Purchased for $4
Medium Bird Jar: Normally $18, Purchased for $8

Green Bowls: Normally $12 Each, Purchased for $4 Each
Mango Jasmine Candle:
Normally $18, Purchased for $10
Yes, I was just a teensy, tiny bit thrilled.


But, really, the treat wasn't the awesome money-saving hoopla. No, I went to Anthro, spent money, brought home these delights, just so I could have a big paper bag. Why? Because things like this happen:

Favorite Cat-Pouncing Picture. Ever.
Notice the clutching paw of desperation as Pipkin is crushed beneath Navi's brute force.
Oh, how I laughed. Chris laughed harder.
Bagged Kitty is Not Amused

P.S. If you ever go to Cheesecake Factory, you MUST and I mean MUST try their roasted almond chicken salad sandwich. I went today to celebrate the MIL's bday, and, as I saw all of the exotic dishes distributed around the table, I wondered if I should not have ordered my little soup/salad/sandwich lunch combo. So plain. So simple. Then I took a bite. It was like a party in my mouth. I was enlightened. I was transported to a world of delish I didn't know existed. OMG. SO GOOD. I'll be ordering it every time I go, now. It doesn't matter how boring it is in a fancy restaurant, if it brings you to your ultimate foodie happy place, get the ding-dang sandwich. Seriously, I avoided eating for the rest of the day so I wouldn't lose the savory memory of culinary perfection.
It's THAT good, people.

2 comments:

  1. SO jealous you made it to Anthro's tag sale - I've heard but have never been!

    Um, so can the kitties be a regular feature? This is too funny, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your deals!! Those bowls {that you got for $4 are my favorite.}

    ReplyDelete

Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says, "Hello!"