Saturday, March 12, 2011

Heartbreak

I don't have a TV that picks up channels, shows, news, anything. It plays DVDs and that's about it. So I'm behind on the times.  With internet, I suppose that's no excuse, but I get tired of celebrity news and doomsday recession articles. Again, I'm behind.

Last night, my brother's fb status read,
EVERYONE IN JAPAN, PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE OKAY!!!!!!! WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU AND ARE WORRIED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET US KNOW THAT YOU ARE ALRIGHT AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

しんぱい!!!!!!!!!!
I asked the hubs, "Hon, Matt had something weird about Japan on his page. Did something happen?"
"One of the biggest earthquake in recorded history. Tsunamis as a result. Another earthquake in Tokyo. Areas around Nuclear power plants are being evacuated because of leaks. It's really bad, love."

My heart is absolutely breaking for them. I have friends there, but it's more than that. It's about a country--about people--blindsided and beat-down by the mercilessness of nature.  There are people without homes, without work, children suddenly without parents, and parents without children. Radiation. Floods. Fear. Anguish.

I want to do something, want to help, but all I can do is sit uselessly, reading news articles, and praying.  I know there is more power in that than in anything, but I feel like I should be doing more.

Pray for them.  They are hurting more than we will ever know.

1 comment:

Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says, "Hello!"