Thursday, January 27, 2011

Project 31 Day 7: Pretty Woman

Day 7.  Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman.


Bozz aka Mattie aka Martha aka . . too many nicknames. 
 You're awesome. Period. 
You took me under your wing when I was twelve and you were thirteen. Why? Because I seemed lonely Then my parents built a house right next to yours. Thanks for checking out the framework--good to know it was sturdy enough to hold you swinging around on the beams.

You taught me almost everything I know about art. You say you're not any good, but, girl, your work blows me away. Every piece is epic.
You made me go running with you when I hated it; even went so far as to make me chase you for the walkman cd player, my only piece of sanity in an insane pastime, and bribe me with "How to Speak Gaelic" cds when I finally ran a ten minute mile.
You got me into soccer, even let me play with you a bit . .  . even though I sucked . . . a lot.

Even though we live far apart, now, we still talk on the phone for hours. I love it that we pick up right where we left off.

Has anyone told you that you are a gem? Cause you are. You really really are. Beautiful inside and out, sweet, smart, witty, and strong. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you're not enough or that you're too much. God made you just right, and He wouldn't change you for the world. Don't settle for less, girl, because you deserve the best.

I miss you. Hope to see you soon.

I still wrap my gifts in tinfoil in your honor. And I never watch "The Last Crusade" without noticing that missing flower in the zeppelin scene. We still need to finish the "Taken" series. Just a thought ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says, "Hello!"