Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Felis Cattus Domesticus

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."

--Terry Pratchett
, Sourcery
 
My mother once told me you can always tell when young adults are childless when they start talking about their animals as if they're children. Honey, I am so totally there it's not even funny.  But while I'm here, just indulge me . . . and let me post a picture, slightly blurry as it may be . . . of my "children." 
I was just so proud that I actually got a picture because cats are less than agreeable models. Every now and again, a lovebug sneaks inside, mesmerizing the cats into a statuesque, inquisitive stupor. Sadly, it hardly lasts long enough for more than one picture, if even that. They may never sit still again . . . unless they're unconscious. The little orange and white one in front is Pipkin, and the gray and black in the back is Navi. And that poor, green plant is my bamboo . . . that they love to chew on . . . and occasionally knock over -_- Oh well. Cats will be cats. 

Toot-a-loo!

1 comment:

  1. Such creative names!! I love cats, and have several in my life. My daddy lives in the country, so we used to have 7 cats running around (one came to use pregnant, so we got her babies!). My names were never creative though..Daisy, Smokey, Shedaisy, Socks, Black Licorice, DC, and Fuzzy. HAhaha

    ReplyDelete

Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says, "Hello!"