Thursday, October 7, 2010

Little Girly Treasures

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
--Groucho Marx

I'm not really someone who tries a lot of beauty products. I'm cheap as all get out and beauty products are not, but I discovered some really fabulous skin care products for under $5.00 that work better than the big brand names.

After I hit puberty (oh puberty, how I loooooathed thee), I struggled with acne for years. I tried super expensive skin care, but nothing worked. The only thing that helped were oral medications, and those had to be taken under certain times and only after eating certain foods, so, needless to say, teenage me forgot them as often as I took them.
When I started taking birth control right before my wedding, they told me this would fix acne. It didn't. It made it worse.

Then, I discovered these gems:

 If you have never tried "Freeman's  Feeling Beautiful" line, you must. Oh, you must. I have used both the Clay Avocado and Oatmeal (above) and Cucumber Facial Peel Mask. I was shocked at the results. After using, my skin feels flawless and soft. It helps minimize pores and exfoliate your skin beautifully. I currently use the clay mask once to twice a week. The best part is, Freeman's products can be  found at any Publix, Wal-Mart, or Walgreens for under $5.00. I didn't think anything so cheap could work so wonderfully, but it does.


I discovered St. Ives products in college, but never really used them. My fourteen-year-old sister recommended it, and, by golly, if this isn't the best exfoliating scrub I have ever found. I love exfoliates--I've tried several and, if it's a good scrub, it's my favorite part of facial care. St. Ives Apricot Scrub is rich in texture, real grainy so it actually SCRUBS (I've found several more expensive exfoliating washes that were really more like creams), but it is gentle enough that it doesn't over-dry your skin. I have very oily skin, and my sister has dry, sensitive skin--St. Ives has worked beautifully for both of us. I don't know how, but it works. Again, another steal found at any Publix, Wal-Mart, or similar store for under $5.00. I use it during my morning face cleansing routine and sometimes at night. I really, really started to notice a difference in my skin after applying this scrub. Amazing.

I use a couple of Neutragena products as well, but the difference really began after applying the Apricot scrub. It's been a few months, and I have only had a couple of very minor breakouts.
Just I thought I'd share the joy. :]
Too-ta-loo!

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen that masks before but it sounds great!! I love st. iives scrub, but sometimes it can be too harsh so I use it every once in a while. I love trying different lotions and creams, makeup is a huge love of mine. I am not sure why since I very rarely every have a full face of makeup on, but I love to buy it anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says, "Hello!"